- Chop the meat into cubes, and season with salt & pepper.
- Fry in oil in a hot pan.
- Add in the diced onion and garlic, then add the tomato concentrate, and deglaze with red wine.
- Allow to reduce a little.
- Add the beef stock and allow to simmer on a low flame for 1.5 hours under a lid.
- Now add the potatoes to the meat and continue braising.
- Just before the potatoes are completely soft, add the herbs and diced tomatoes and finish braising.
- Total cooking time is about 2 hours, depending on the size of the meat cubes.
A coleslaw salad ideally complements this platter.