- Blend the flour, spices, water, oil and eggs into a smooth batter until firm.
- When you lift the dough with a wooden spoon, it should fall heavily.
- Allow the dough to rest a bit.
- Bring a pot of salted water to boil.
- Press the dough through a spatzle slicer and let the pieces drop into the hot water.
- After bringing the spatzle to boil, remove and wash them with running water.
- Cut the pancetta into thin strips and baste in a little oil.
- Add cream and allow it to reduce.
- Toss in the spatzle and sprinkle a little fresh mountain cheese over it before serving.