- To make the dough, place the flour into a bowl and blend with salt.
- Create a well in the centre of the bowl and crumble the yeast into it, adding honey and a little water.
- Use a fork to slowly dissolve the yeast.
- Add the remaining water as well as the oil into the mix and knead into a smooth dough.
- There shouldn’t be any dough sticking to the sides of the bowl.
- Now, cover the dough and leave it to rise in a warm spot until it almost doubles in size.
- In the meantime, separate the cauliflower florets and cook them in a steamer for about 10 min,
until they’ve reached an al dente consistency.
- Don’t overcook!
- Whisk the eggs into some cream and season with salt, pepper and ground nutmeg.
- Slice the Coppa thinly and cut into cubes.
- Chop the parsley finely and set aside.
- Then roll out the dough on a greased baking tray.
- Lay the cauliflower florets, peas, Coppa and the parsley onto the flat rolled pastry.
- Pour the already seasoned egg cream over the filling.
- Close and bake in a preheated oven at 200° C for 20 – 30 min.
- Cut the savoury cake into portions and serve hot or just warm.
- Add the chopped parsley.
Ideally pairs with a green salad.