Chapel of Steinwand

General description

In the year 1848, Christian Altstätter, the ‘Kaiserjäger’, vowed to build a chapel if he returned alive from the Battle of Custoza. Dedicated to St. Martin, the chapel was built in 1873 and today it is privately owned.

description to arrive at destination

Along the venosta Valley state road until Coldrano, at the roundabout in the direction Val Martello, past the village Morter and further into the Val Martello Valley. Or by train to Coldrano and then with the bus into the Val Martello.

Time table: all year round
Ufficio per il Parco Nazionale dello Stelvio
Events Weather Webcams